We develop processes for the enzymatic conversion of selected substrates into high added-value biochemical compounds. To do so, commercial enzyme preparations can be used or specifically designed biocatalysts, by enzymes or permeabilized cell concentrates.
- Stereo and enantioselective synthesis by esterification, epoxidation, hydroxylation, phosphorylation, methylation, transglycosylation, sulfation of various substrates.
- Identification of target enzyme activity by metagenomics and metatranscriptomics.
- Expertise in desaturases, hydrolases, laccases, lipases, monooxygenases, kinases, nucleotidyl-transferases, peroxidases.
- Definition of enzymatic synthesis reactions: substrate ratio, solvent selection, determination of kinetic constants and optimization of ambient environmental conditions (temperature, pH).
- Immobilization of enzymes for their stabilization and reuse, modification of properties by adsorption, covalent immobilization or crosslinking.
- Conversion by whole-cell preparations: design of genetically modified microorganisms, selection of permeabilizing agents, stability, process optimization (temperature, pH, oxygen concentration).
- Definition of suitable analytical methods for specific determination and monitoring (thin layer chromatography, spectrophotometry, fluorescence and chemiluminescence, GC, HPLC).
- Testing in bioreactors at scalable volumes (1 ml to 1 m3).